Monday, May 9, 2011

Harvest Monday 5/9/11

I still have nothing planted in the ground as it is still too cold.  However My Aero Garden is produces quite well.  I have 3 pods of basil, 1 pod of parsley and 1 pod of thyme.

 I pick about this amount of basil 3 times a week.  It is just great in my Romaine and radish (both from the store) salad at night for dinner.
 This was the first picking of the parsley and it sure was nice and fresh in my shepard's pie I had that night for dinner.

Is there anyone that does the Monday Harvest that is gardening in zone 4.  I would be interested in what they are doing now in their gardens.

Don't forget to visit Daphne's Dandelions  our great host and see what others have to offer for their harvest this week. 

6 comments:

  1. There's nothing better then having fresh herbs available. I try to keep some basil & parsley growing in the house during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until my herb garden outside gets all planted up. I so love herbs. I rarely grow them inside as I'd kill them. My poor aloe plant is my only house plant. I forget to water it all the time, but at least it doesn't care all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to tell me more about your aero garden. I'd love to have herbs all winter instead of buying them. I think I'd have enough light with my south facing windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Aero Garden is a complete unit. There are a total of 7 pods that you plant. It is a form of hydroponics. Just google it. They cost about $100. You buy the pods with the seed all in them. However I save the pods and replant my own seed in them. I will post a picture later on B&B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A harvest, is a harvest! Looks great! Ever ty lettuces in the aero garden? I'm curious to know. Was thinking of this for us for summer, rather than winter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbie, this is the first time I have really gotten anything from it. I bought it a couple of years ago and got it started but then sort of lost interest and it didn't do well. Took it out last year and couldn't get the pump to work for some reason so ordered a new one and never put it in. Decided a few months ago it was ridiculous it was just sitting there so dragged it back and the old pump decided to work so the pods I had were old seed the only thing that germinated was the basil, thyme and parsley.

    The do have a seed set that is salad greens you can order any 7 kinds you want.

    The also have a tray for starting seedlings that fits right into the base and you can start 70 seeds at a time. Am thinking of looking into the also.

    ReplyDelete