Saturday, March 5, 2011

How Frugal are you?

Some may just consider me cheap but I know many of us live on a fixed and limited budget but I feel I am rich every time I do make something out of nothing or really save on a buy.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store in town. Hate the place as their prices are high but with the cost of gas it works out about the same now as driving 90 miles one way to shop. They have a managers corner where food is marked down because it is at the expiration date which by the way it just a suggested sale date or it is something that doesn't move in the store and they are cutting inventory. I got 2 family pack of chicken drumsticks for a $1 off for each package so it worked out to about $1.50 for 2 of us for a meal for our meat. Froze the rest in meal size portions. They also had sour cream (which in my opinion lasts for ever unopened) 16 Oz. containers for $.59. Also Kraft 7 oz. packages of Mexican blend shredded cheese for $1.69 a package. They were dated for July 11 so guess they were just clearing inventory.

Then for supper last night we had our $1.50 chicken drumsticks and potato patties from left over mashed potatoes, an egg, a small onion and some flour. Pretty cheap supper for 2 people.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with being frugal.

    By the way re-read your "About Me". I think you left a word out after commercial.

    ReplyDelete