Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard 12/15

Has been a busy week and no time for blogging.  I will just share on dinner we had this week.  Make your own Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff

1 pound of ground meat
1 1/2 C noodles
1tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry parsley
1 C canned mushrooms
1/4 tsp pepper
1T corn starch
1 C water
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 C Sour Cream
Brown meat all remaining ingredients except Sour Cream and mushrooms.  Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer covered  until noodles are done about 20 minutes.  Add Sour Cream and mushrooms, simmer 1 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.  If you don't have sour cream increase milk to 2 cups.

I also make this with my dehydrated potato slices.  Also since I am only feeding 2 I reduce the amounts so I don't have left overs.  You can make just about any amount you need.

I also have a post on sugar free chocolate milk and hot chocolate this week.

Be sure to visit The Gardener of Eden and see what others are sharing from their cupboard this week. 

7 comments:

  1. Wilderness, you come up with some great recipes! I made some of your stove top stuffing and vac sealed it in portions for two this week. It will really come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin glad you like the recipes. This is what happens when you retire and have nothing better to do than dream up new ways to cook. There are so many of these make your own recipes available. They just need a little tweaking to get them to suit your taste. I use the method not necessarily the actual recipe. That stuffing mix is done to my liking so you may want to mess with it yourself. I also like using everything possible when it comes to food. No waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the easy recipe and reminder, I haven't made one of these stovetop stuffing mix in ages, maybe when the kids were little and I was working at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac glad you got the reminder. It is just one more way to use of leftovers and avoid all the junk in packaged food as well as the expense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great recipe! I haven't made that in ages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your philosophy, no waste. Beef Stroganoff brings back fond memory of a lost friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We rarely have sour cream in our fridge. So thanks for the tip of using milk.

    ReplyDelete