Saturday, April 9, 2011

The trials and tribulations of a greenhouse in the north

Yesterday was not a good day. Woke up to one greenhouse with a temperature of 24 degrees. Needless to say there was a lot of dead plants yesterday. I thought at first it was my fault I hadn't checked the heater after having it off during the day. However the more I thought about it it was running when the temp inside was in the 40's and wasn't running when I got up in the morning with the temp only 24. Needless to say the heater went back to Wal Mart yesterday for a full refund. Today will be a day of replanting a lot of seed and praying that it grows fast enough to be ready to plant in less than 2 months.

The good news is I got shelves up over head to put things on that I don't want to get wet when I water.


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting shelf arrangement. Looks like it works well.

    ReplyDelete